Acupuncture and Herbs
Shoulder Pain Relief
Sat Jun 25 2022
Acupuncture for Shoulder Pain Relief
- Acupuncture is safe and effective for treating various types of shoulder pain.
- Shoulder pain can include range of motion problems, pain, difficulty sleeping, frozen shoulder, and more.
- Acupuncture can reduce the frequency, intensity, and duration of pain associated with shoulder pain and dysfunction.
- Acupuncture can improve range of motion and restore health to tissue by reducing inflammation and breaking up adhesions in severe cases.
- Orthopedic techniques may be necessary in extreme cases where tissue has completely frozen the shoulder in place.
- Lifestyle choices are important to prevent re-injury with repetitive motion.
Acupuncture for Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Acupuncture can be effective in treating rotator cuff injuries by restoring range of motion and reducing pain.
- Lifestyle changes and certain exercises may also need to be incorporated for optimal results.
- Combining acupuncture with physical therapy has been shown to be more effective than physical therapy alone.
- Local points around the rotator cuff, such as large intestine 14 and small intestine 9, are commonly used in acupuncture treatments for shoulder pain relief.
- Differentiation is necessary to determine if the pain is local or caused by other factors such as brachial nerve entrapment syndrome or disc region issues.
Research and Benefits of Acupuncture
- The article "Acupuncture Found Effective for Shoulder Pain Relief" was published on June 23rd, 2022 on hellcmi.com.
- A small sample size study found that acupuncture is effective in relieving shoulder pain.
- There are many other articles with similar findings and larger sample sizes.
- Decades of research support the integration of acupuncture into rotator cuff syndrome protocols.
- Acupuncture has minimal side effects and can help people get off drugs and regain range of motion.
- It can also optimize range of motion and strength for high-performance athletes, especially those with pinched nerves or knee pain.
- Acupuncturists can specialize in many areas, including sports medicine.