The Sales Feed Show
Can ChatGPT really be your Sales Sidekick? with Jesse Ariss
Wed May 10 2023
AI in Sales
- AI terms and tools like GPT, OpenAI, and Crayon are becoming popular in the sales world.
- Jesse Harris believes that AI is a powerful tool that can give a competitive edge to salespeople.
- There is a preconceived notion that AI will replace human workers, but Jesse argues that it is not the case.
- Understanding what AI is and how it works can help overcome the fear of using it.
- Chat GPT is a program that understands human behavior and can answer questions, chat with people, and help with tasks.
- Chat GPT can save time and make work easier for salespeople without any inherent risks.
- OpenAI's chat GPT tool can be accessed by anyone on their website for free and can be used for tasks such as researching, asking questions, writing poems or essays.
- Chat GPT is a tool that uses AI to assist with tasks such as drafting emails or proposals.
- To get started with Chat GPT, users can visit chat.openai.com and register using a Google account or email address.
- While Chat GPT can help save time by generating prompts, it still requires review and personalization to humanize the experience.
- The use of AI as an assistant raises questions about how well it can truly humanize the sales experience.
- ChatGPT is a useful tool for writing emails and throughout the entire sales cycle.
- It can help understand customer challenges and position products for specific audiences.
- Personalizing ChatGPT prompts can make them more effective.
- Recent breakthroughs in technology, such as machine learning and deep learning, have led to an explosion of interest in AI across various industries.
- The consumerization of AI technology has made it more accessible to individuals without investing in expensive products or services meant for businesses.
- AI is being used for good purposes, such as drones using optic recognition to detect sharks off the coast of California and alerting lifeguards to evacuate the beach.
- AI is becoming more commoditized and integrated into various platforms, such as Microsoft Bing.
- AI can be used throughout all touchpoints during the sales cycle, from qualifying leads to closing deals.
- Chat GPT can be used to understand industries, company sizes, and other factors important for prospecting analysis.
- Tailoring communications using AI can involve generating suggested cases for specific customers in particular industries.
- Chat GPT can provide insights about a specific industry or company's quarter end, which can help salespeople determine the best time to approach potential customers.
- Chat GPT can summarize and improve emails by shortening them, refining their structure, and making them more understandable for different audiences.
- The tool can also summarize call logs and other data in bulleted email format, with specific requests for output.
- Iterative processes using Chat GPT can help users understand common challenges in an industry and create emails with different tones or styles.
- AI can understand intent and subtleties that may not be immediately apparent to humans.
- Users should not be afraid to challenge AI and ask for highlights or pain points based on a call or text input.
- Tools like Gong and Wingman are advancing to parse out key points from calls.
- Knowledge is no longer limited to moderately priced software, as free tools like GPT can be used with the right inputs.
- AI can be used for sales skill development through role playing scenarios with specific customers and deals.
Game Show Segment
- The podcast includes a game show segment where contestants compete in sales challenges.
- Raj and Tyler compete in sales challenges to win over the number one customer and prospect.
- They play a game called Two Truths and a "Lei" where they have to identify which statement is false.
- Chat GPT provides three statements, two of which are true and one is false.
- The statements relate to B2B selling strategies such as understanding prospects' pain points, creating urgency in pitches, and building strong relationships for repeat business.
- Tyler initially thinks the second statement about impulsive buying decisions is false but changes his answer to all three being true after further discussion.
- The exercise highlights the shortcomings of AI-generated content and the importance of reviewing it before use.
- The hosts discuss the naming conventions of AI products like Google's Bard.
- The use of AI in naming products is likely common.
- "Bard" is a name that creates the illusion of someone accompanying you on your journey and providing a soundtrack to your quest.
- Microsoft's implementation of AI for their office suite, called "Co-pilot," is a great descriptive name that demystifies the technology.
- Leveraging AI throughout the sales process, including prospecting, research, communication, role playing, following up, and analyzing customer success can make sellers better than 95% of their peers.
- There is a lack of understanding about what chat GPT is among sellers, but trying it out can lead to increased usage and improved sales performance.