The Art of Online Business
ChatGPT Prompting Tips: Navigating Your Way to Better Outcomes
Fri Apr 14 2023
Behind the Launch
00:01 - 05:54
- Behind the Launch is a free audio event where industry experts share insights and tips on successful launches.
- The goal of the event is to dispel the notion that successful launches are easy and without struggles.
- Listening to these conversations will provide a proven path to make more sales during your next launch.
- Prompting tips for Chat GBT prompts involve teaching it your writing style and tone as the first step.
- To do this, copy and paste a podcast episode, video, blog post or email into Chat GBT and ask it to analyze the text for writing style and tone of voice.
- If you're happy with what it tells you, tell Chat GBT to use that style going forward within the chat.
- If you're asking for a podcast title or an email subject line, you don't need to prime Chat GBT in this way.
Using Chat GBT
05:31 - 11:44
- When asking for a podcast title or email subject line, tone of voice is enough.
- For longer writing tasks, tune the AI to your tone and style.
- Tell the AI what role you want it to play.
- Give as much background information as possible about your target audience.
- Be specific about their pain points, struggles, values, goals and aspirations.
- Detailed information leads to better results from the AI tool.
- Create a working target audience paste in for convenience.
- Knowing your target audience is fundamental to using the AI tool effectively.
11:14 - 17:23
- Chatech EPT can be used to figure out a problem when you don't know how to prompt it to do something.
- Best practices for the level of audience detail that will offer the best results from a prompt include basic demographic information and psychographic details such as values, pain points, and communication tone.
- Giving context about the program is important before asking ChatGPT to write an email sequence consisting of 5 emails or draft an email to promote a limited time discount for a coaching program.
- ChatGPT can create task lists for teams preparing for upcoming webinars.
- Results can be produced in numbered lists, bullet points, or table formats.
16:58 - 23:00
- Chatshi BT can generate results in numbered lists, bullet points, or table formats based on user input.
- It can create a social media calendar for the next month and suggest engaging questions to increase engagement.
- Users can ask Chatshi BT to write customer support emails or FAQs.
- Giving more context about the audience and course pricing leads to better outcomes.
- Users can prompt Chatshi BT to act as a social media manager and develop campaigns across all relevant platforms.
- Neat prompts.com provides examples of prompts for different types of content, such as YouTube video scripts.
- Chatshi BT can write email sequences with specific formatting preferences and gender-neutral language if requested.
22:31 - 28:45
- ChatCPT writes emails based on the prompt given to it.
- It can write emails for cold traffic by specifying that in the prompt.
- The output is produced within seconds and changes can be made if required.
- Specific requirements like word count or format can also be mentioned in the prompt.
- Common pitfalls while crafting prompts include vague or ambiguous prompts, overloading the prompt, neglecting the set format, using negative phrasing, and assuming prior knowledge.
Using Chat GPT
28:18 - 34:17
- When using Chat GPT, all information within a chat is learned from itself.
- Expecting perfect results is a common pitfall when using Chat GPT.
- Continue to educate yourself on terminology and new tools in the field of AI language models.
- Test different prompts in different ways to prompt in a tool like Chat GPT or CLOD.
- Refine and iterate on outputs to get the best results.
- Teach Chat GPT your tone of voice for written content outside of emails or video titles.
- Provide detailed descriptions of target audience, programs, courses, clients, etc. for specific prompts.
- Be specific with the format and output you want from Chat GPT (table, list, outline, bullet points).
- Add your own personality and story to outputs before using them.
- Contact Rick with any questions about AI tools.
33:50 - 34:17
- Exciting announcement coming in two episodes
- Listeners can DM Rick on Instagram with questions
- Encourages listeners to subscribe to the podcast