Ep 96 | #SorryNotSorry, Part 1: Have you decided the FUNCTION though?
This comprehensive summary covers various topics related to marketing advice, combining beauty and functionality in design, creating effective highlights and pin posts, aligning marketing efforts with objectives, and a podcast guest and homework assignment. The episodes provide insights on how to communicate effectively through highlights, the importance of aesthetics and function in design, creating engaging content for social media, aligning marketing efforts with goals, and the value of a podcast guest's story and a challenging homework assignment.
Highlights should communicate information about you
Highlights should be deleted if their overall objective is not clear.
Summer is a slower time for business owners
Take advantage of this time to slow down and prepare for the fall.
'Sorry, not sorry' series provides unapologetic marketing advice
The series covers implementing advice, having a clear message, growth strategies, and overcoming sales fears.
Gaudi's work combines beauty with functionality
Examples include a bench that stays dry in the rain and an air conditioning system inspired by underwater life.
Highlights and pin posts should have clear objectives
They should communicate what people can expect when they follow you and work together to help people take the next step.
Consider your ideal audience when creating pin posts
Each pin post should speak to one layer of answering why someone should join your email list.
Align marketing efforts with current objectives
Filter out advice that is not relevant and ensure everything has a clear function.
Focus on one objective at a time on social media
This approach leads to better results.
Podcast guest helps with publishing manuscripts and mindset empowerment
The guest's story captivated the host, and listeners are encouraged to leave ratings and reviews.
Homework assignment can have long-lasting effects on how you show up on any platform
Listeners can send marketing questions to the host for further guidance.
- Highlights and Marketing Advice
- Combining Beauty and Functionality in Design
- Creating Effective Highlights and Pin Posts
- Aligning Marketing Efforts with Objectives
- Podcast Guest and Homework Assignment
Highlights and Marketing Advice
00:00 - 06:42
- Highlights should communicate information about you to new people
- Delete highlights if their overall objective is not clear
- Summer is typically a slower time for business owners, including coaches
- Take advantage of this time to slow down and prepare for the fall
- A hashtag series called 'sorry, not sorry' will be launched with weekly episodes
- The series aims to provide unapologetic marketing advice and help you make informed decisions
- Topics covered will include implementing advice, having a clear message, growth strategies, and overcoming sales fears
- The series will provide reality-based marketing tips rather than fluff
- 'What the F the point is' refers to tasks that are done without considering their actual function in your business
- An example of Gaudí's work in Spain was discussed, highlighting his architectural projects
Combining Beauty and Functionality in Design
06:17 - 12:53
- Parake Guell was a massive park commissioned by Count Guel, but it failed to attract buyers.
- Gaudi's work combined beauty with functionality, such as a bench in Barakiguel that stayed dry in the rain.
- Gaudi also created an air conditioning system in Casa Batyom inspired by underwater life.
- The marketing lesson is to focus on both aesthetics and function, considering what actions you want people to take with each post.
Creating Effective Highlights and Pin Posts
12:36 - 19:02
- Content should align with what gets shared to stories, not just adding a call to action
- Highlights should have a clear objective and job to do
- Create highlights that communicate what people can expect when they follow you
- Pin posts should work together as a team to help people take the next step
- Consider what your ideal audience needs to know to want to be on your email list
- Use each pin post to speak to one layer of answering why someone should join your email list
Aligning Marketing Efforts with Objectives
18:43 - 25:17
- Using pin posts to speak to different parts of decision making increases the likelihood of joining an email list
- Focus on function rather than appearance and overthinking little details
- Consider if advice aligns with current objectives before implementing it
- Clarity about goals and objectives comes from within, not external sources
- Align marketing efforts with overall function and goal
- Make decisions based on what is right for your business, not what others suggest
- Filter out advice that is not relevant to current objectives
- Ensure everything has a clear function and delete anything that doesn't serve a purpose
- Get clear about current objective to know how to show up in marketing efforts
- Focus on one objective at a time on social media for better results
- #SorryNotSorry episode discussed highlights and upcoming episode with Jessica Buchanan
Podcast Guest and Homework Assignment
24:59 - 26:59
- Podcast guest is a coach who helps with publishing manuscripts and mindset empowerment.
- Guest has an interesting story that captivated the host.
- The host will be sharing one episode per week for the next few weeks to get ready for fall.
- The homework assignment given by the host is more challenging but can have long-lasting effects on how you show up on any platform.
- Next week, there will be another episode of #SorryNotSorry and a special episode with Jessica Buchanan.
- If listeners found the episode helpful, they are encouraged to leave a five-star rating and review.
- Listeners can send marketing questions to the host via Instagram DM or text message.