Growth Colony: Australia's B2B Growth Podcast
How to Use ChatGPT in Your B2B Marketing Strategy
Wed May 10 2023
Generative AI tools at App Premo
00:02 - 06:29
- Generative AI tools like chatGPT are being used by the marketing team at App Premo for various purposes such as email subject lines, building cadences and messaging.
- Prompt snippets have been added to brand guidelines to create reusable building blocks for the rest of the organization.
- ChatGPT is used to generate a framework for outbound cadences, call scripts, email messages, social touches etc. based on a general framework provided by the business development function.
- The generated framework is then tested through AB testing and variations are made accordingly.
- Training has been provided to ensure that the team is well-versed in leveraging chatGPT.
Practical application of Chat GPT
06:13 - 12:06
- The team experimented with Chat GPT for fun and then moved to practical application.
- They manage their business with objectives and key results, and the first quarter of the year had the team explicitly use Chat GPT to find value.
- They have started implementing policies around usage, which is becoming more formalized.
- Real-time sharing across the team of how it's being leveraged use cases, successes.
- There were no external trainings or resources used; they self-educated by watching videos and aggregating all knowledge locally.
- Early stage ideation for pretty much anything is a fantastic co-pilot. It can help generate ideas for outbound marketing, blogs, call scripts, etc.
- It can produce a full content calendar on specific topics and fully tailor a message based on a persona in your ideal customer profile.
- It has tremendous utility to take a message and tailor it specifically for who you're going after so that it resonates and hits on their specific pain points.
Message personalization and customization with Chat GPT
11:48 - 17:40
- Chat GPT allows for message personalization and customization through API integration.
- Pre-mow is used for digital asset management and workflow variations of copy are created within it.
- Human touch is given to synthetic or machine-generated content that needs review.
- Prompt overlays in Chat GPT provide predefined prompt management for various use cases, scenarios, and personas.
- Prompt snippets include body copy, tech, product descriptions, target individuals, specific tone, etc. as per brand guidelines.
- Chet GPT helps with modular content strategy by keeping translated body copy within a certain number of characters.
- Translation into 50 languages is possible with Chat GPT prompts.
Key considerations when using Chat GPT
17:20 - 23:24
- Experimentation is key when using chat GPT or another generative AI platform.
- Leaders should give permission to experiment and have discussions across teams as this technology changes roles and frees up time for more human-like tasks such as strategy and creativity.
- One mistake made early on was not keeping the AI on track by constantly bringing it back to the goal.
- Integration into existing platforms is an exciting area for chat GPT use, allowing for augmentation and aid of existing capabilities.
- The idea of being able to train on a single tenant is also exciting, allowing for private training environments.
Other generative AI platforms and future possibilities
22:54 - 28:57
- AI platform offers single tenant training of a learning model
- Other generative AI platforms include Mid Journey and Dolly
- Multi-modal generative AI platforms are also interesting
- Generative AI will lead to programmatic content generation and management
- Content storage costs will be managed programmatically as well
- Confronting issues early is important for B2B marketers to avoid bigger problems later
Additional insights for B2B marketers
28:29 - 31:32
- Confront small problems early before they become big.
- Robert Rose is a great influencer to follow in the B2B marketing space.
- Intent data is still exciting for revenue and growth-driven marketers.