The Revenue Marketing Report
Is ChatGPT the Future of B2B Marketing?
Thu Apr 13 2023
Depper - Growth Marketing Agency
00:01 - 05:40
- Depper is a growth marketing agency that specializes in media marketing.
- The company has grown fast and currently has a team of 20 people.
AI and Automation in Marketing
00:01 - 05:40
- Marketers are being asked to do more with less, leading to the temptation to cut costs on content and leverage AI and automation.
- Generative AI is continuously explored by Depper for its applications.
- AI is not quite where it needs to be for replacing human thought leadership articles because it's just regurgitating what happened over the last 12 months.
- Originality is required to grab and keep the attention of prospects, so Jet TV cannot be used for thought leadership articles.
- Jet TV can come up with ideas of cutting long articles into short bites that can be shared on LinkedIn. This works well.
- Jet TV can also help write an article for a client by giving very specific prompts, resulting in an article with a much better tone of voice.
- Jet TV can be used to aggregate all search data that's really hard to access, which helps in identifying content topics for the next few weeks.
- Jet TV can also help think of creative variations for ad copy.
Interesting Developments in Demand Capture
05:17 - 11:11
- Interesting developments around capturing demand, such as JPT and AI in Google and Bing.
- Prioritizing content strategy to show up in chat GPT when people are asking questions related to your product.
- Understanding the algorithm behind chat GPT is crucial for being found on the algorithm.
- Answering questions properly is key to being found on all AI search engines.
- Machines are taking over tasks like autocorrect and text autofill.
- Tools like Auto-Krit Grammarly are similar to chat GPT as an editor tool.
Exploring New Technologies in Marketing
10:49 - 16:35
- Understanding the potential of groundbreaking technologies is important.
- Keep exploring the applications of new technologies to generate new ideas.
- B2C marketers can think about the complete funnel and learn from them.
- Marketing should focus on revenue as KPI and create a machine that creates inbound leads.
- Marketing should not just focus on getting contact details but also warm up an audience and keep them engaged.
- Integration between campaigns and HubSpot is crucial for successful lead generation.
Challenges in B2B Marketing
16:06 - 21:26
- Integration issues can cause B2B marketing campaigns to fail.
- Social advertising is good for building awareness but not for generating immediate pipeline.
- High-value meeting incentives are a better way to generate pipeline than aggressive advertising.
- Databro's marketing strategy focuses on becoming famous within a specific niche and creating high-value videos that grab attention and keep prospects top of mind.
- Sales-led organizations often undervalue marketing, making it difficult to educate leaders about the value of demand generation activities.
- Demand generation requires investing time in creating high-quality content, spending advertising budget, and sowing before reaping.
Effective Demand Generation
21:07 - 24:39
- Demand generation requires investing time in creating high-quality content, spending advertising budget to get the message to the right people, and sowing before reaping.
- Marketers know that it takes six to nine months to see an increase in momentum in demand capture as a result of demand generation.
- Marketing should focus on both short-term and long-term goals.
- The promise of digital marketing or growth hacking isn't true for 99.9% of businesses out there.
- To succeed, businesses need to go back to marketing basics by defining their audience well, finding a message that speaks to them, repeatedly reaching them with that message, and becoming a stop of kindness.
- Relationship building is key in business and takes time.