Calm The Bleep Down Meditation & Mindfulness
Reprogramming Unconscious Thoughts - Meditation
Today's episode focuses on reprogramming our unconscious mind through meditation. We explore how conscious thoughts become unconscious thinking, the discomfort of thinking new positive thoughts, and the process of replacing negative thought patterns with positive ones. Recognizing and isolating negative thoughts is the first step to reprogramming our minds. Meditation helps us become present and aware of our thought patterns, and repeating positive thoughts over time helps make them natural and familiar. We also discuss developing mindfulness and presence through focusing on the breath, recognizing when the mind wanders, and practicing being present in the moment.
Reprogramming our Unconscious Mind
00:00 - 09:31
- Reprogramming our unconscious mind is the focus of today's meditation.
- Conscious thoughts repeated often become unconscious thinking, including negative thought patterns.
- Thinking new positive thoughts can be uncomfortable because we don't fully believe them yet.
- Reprogramming negative thought patterns requires replacing them with positive thoughts.
- Recognizing and isolating negative and unproductive thoughts is the first step to reprogramming our minds.
- Meditation helps us become present and aware of our thought patterns.
- Slowing down our breath and observing sensations in the body aids relaxation during meditation.
- Being present allows us to recognize and stop negative thought patterns.
- Repeating positive thoughts over time helps burn them into our brains, making them natural and familiar.
Developing Mindfulness and Presence
09:05 - 20:25
- During meditation, focus on the breath and observe it entering and leaving the body.
- The mind will often wander, but that is normal and an opportunity to practice mindfulness.
- Recognize when the mind has wandered and bring it back to the breath.
- Repeating this cycle over time helps develop mindfulness and presence of mind.
- Take a few moments to sit in silence and stillness after the meditation.
- Congratulate yourself for practicing being present in the moment.