Renegade Marketers Unite
Tuesday Tips: Building Your SMB Tech Stack
The episode covers the importance of choosing the right tech stack, starting with data and implementing tools that cover all bases. It emphasizes careful automation and involving the right teams. The impact on sales operations is discussed, highlighting HubSpot for marketing automation and Salesforce for sales tracking. The need for dedicated people to maximize technology benefits is also mentioned.
Start with data
When choosing a tech stack, it is important to start with the data and select tools that cover all necessary bases.
Involve the right teams
To ensure efficiency, it is crucial to bring the right teams into the fold when building a tech stack.
Consider end-to-end process
When adding to your tech stack, consider the impact on sales operations and the entire end-to-end process.
Choose technologies with multiple uses
Select technologies based on their potential use across multiple areas of the business.
Foresee technology impact
Before adopting a technology, foresee how it will be used and its impact on different parts of the business.
HubSpot for marketing automation
HubSpot is a great tool for marketing automation purposes.
Salesforce for sales tracking
Salesforce is a useful tool for sales tracking and management.
Dedicated people maximize technology benefits
Underestimating the need for dedicated people can hinder getting the most out of a technology.
Choosing a Tech Stack
00:04 - 04:04
- When picking a tech stack, start with the data and implement the fewest tools that cover your bases.
- Automate attentively and pick carefully.
- Bring the right teams into the fold when building a tech stack to ensure efficiency.
- Choose technologies based on their potential use across multiple areas of the business.
- Foresee how you will use a technology and its impact on different parts of the business before adopting it.
Optimizing Sales Operations
00:04 - 04:04
- HubSpot is great for marketing automation, and Salesforce is useful for sales tracking and management.
- Consider the end-to-end process and impact on sales operations when adding to your tech stack.
- Underestimate the need for dedicated people to get the most out of a technology.